The MK Food Bank and MK Council have teamed up to launch Food Bank Xtra and offer more help to local people in crisis.
For more information, please contact the Food Bank Helpline 01908 565852 or text HELP 07710385785 for advice.
Please note, in order to follow the latest Government guidance, you must remain at home unless shopping for food, medicine or travelling for essential work.
Food Bank Xtra is in need of:
- Long life cartons: milk – whole or semi-skimmed, fruit juice.
- Tinned: spaghetti, custard, rice pudding, fruit, vegetables, baked beans, pulses, meat, fish and tomatoes .
- Jars: spread (jam, peanut butter, marmite etc.) and pasta sauce.
- Packets: soup, noodles, dried pasta, pulses and rice (500g or smaller), biscuits.
- Breakfast cereal or porridge oats (500g packets or smaller).
- Tea bags.
We currently have an overstock of:
- Dried Pasta
- Dried Rice
- Tinned Soup
Food Bank Xtra is also accepting donations of nappies, sanitary towels, baby formula, toilet rolls and soap. However, Food Bank Xtra can’t accept anything fresh, so please do not donate these items.
Most supermarkets have an official Food Bank collection bin. These include ASDA, the Co-op, Morrison’s, Sainsbury’s, Tesco’s and Waitrose. Please adhere to national guidance on social distancing when donating your items.
We will no longer be accepting donations at this site, please deliver to our Stacey Bushes warehouse- Unit 9, Hollin Lane, Stacey Bushes, MK12 6HT
** Please see below for opening times.**
We are still accepting donations at Stacey Bushes Monday to Friday between 9:30am – 12:00pm. Contact Us – 01908 322800
If you need to arrange a specific time to drop off donations, or would like to donate a large amount of food, please call us on 01908 565852. Please do not bring donations to our Serving Centres.
This work has been supported by funding from MK Community Foundation.