The MK Food Bank and MK Council have teamed up to launch Food Bank Xtra and offer more help to local people in crisis.
For more information, please contact the Food Bank Helpline (01908 565852) for advice.
Please note, in order to follow the latest Government guidance, you must remain at home unless shopping for food, medicine or traveling for essential work.
Food Bank Xtra is in need of:
- Long life cartons: milk – whole or semi-skimmed, fruit juice.
- Tinned: spaghetti, custard, rice pudding, fruit, vegetables, baked beans, pulses, meat, fish, tomatoes, soup .
- Jars: spread (jam, peanut butter, marmite etc.) and pasta sauce.
- Packets: soup, noodles, dried pasta, pulses and rice (500g or smaller), biscuits.
- Breakfast cereal or porridge oats (500g packets or smaller).
- Tea bags.
Food Bank Xtra is also accepting donations of nappies, sanitary towels, baby formula, toilet rolls and soap. However, Food Bank Xtra can’t accept anything fresh, so please do not donate these items.
Most supermarkets have an official Food Bank collection bin. These include ASDA, the Co-op, Morrison’s, Sainsbury’s, Tesco’s and Waitrose. Please adhere to national guidance on social distancing when donating your items.
Food can be dropped off at Saxon Court, 502 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 3HS between 10:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday. The drop-off point will be signposted. There is no need to call in advance.
We are still accepting donations at Stacey Bushes Monday to Friday between 9:30am – 12:00pm.
If you need to arrange a specific time to drop off donations, or would like to donate a large amount of food, please call us on 01908 565852. Please do not bring donations to our Serving Centres.