Job Description – Dec 2016
Administrative Assistant (Part Time);
Milton Keynes Food Bank
The Food Bank is looking to recruit a part time Administrative Assistant to support the day to day operation of the Food Bank in Milton Keynes.
This is an opportunity to make a difference in the community as part of a small, local charity.
The start date will be 3rd January 2017. The deadline for receipt of applications is 7th December 2016. Interviews will be held week commencing 12th December.
1. Main Duties
The successful applicant will have a genuine interest in the work of the Food Bank and preferably recent experience of:
- answering the telephone, replying to email and handling website/ social media requests
- handling data entry for small databases – for stock control and service Use
- using Word and Excel products to create and maintain template documents
- handling correspondence, preparing thank you letters for post and emailing
- ordering stationery and maintenance of office supplies and filing systems
We are a small organisation and so the position calls for somebody who is flexible and prepared to assist as required at seasonally busy times. This may mean helping to sort incoming food items and bagging up food parcels.
We also expect all our staff to take a turn at making refreshments for our volunteers who work in the warehouse.
2. Interpersonal Skills
- Good Communications – face to face, email, phone etc.
- People skills – comfortable dealing with a range of ages, backgrounds, needs and expectations
- Organisational skills – methodical approach to tasks
- Flexibility and ability to cope in a small, charitable organisational structure
- Capacity for multi-tasking in what can be a pressured environment
Terms of employment
The post is funded for a contracted 18 hours per week, subject to annual renewal. The times of work are as follows:
Mon 10.00 – 15.00
Tue 10.00 – 15.00
Wed 10.00 – 13.00
Fri 10.00 – 15.00
The remuneration offered is in line with the Government’s Living Wage, currently £7.20 per hour if you are over 25 years of age.