At MK Food Bank, we believe in total transparency and protecting the data we receive from service users, donors, business contacts, staff, volunteers and other people the charity has a relationship with or may need to contact. We need to gather and user certain information, including Personal Data, about individuals in order to provide services and gather fundraising and donations.
Definitions & interpretations
In this policy, the following definitions are used:
|MK Food Bank, or us||MK Food Bank, a body run by the charity ‘Into The Community’ with registered charity number 1084287 whose registered office is at PO Box 7525, Milton Keynes, MK11 9EE.|
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to MK Food Bank, via the website, direct contact, booking forms or questionnaires. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the GDPR;|
|GDPR||The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). You can find more information regarding GDPR at https://www.eudgpr.org. For purposes of the GDPR, MK Food Bank is the “data controller”|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out below|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by MK Food Bank and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to MK Food Bank and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website of MK Food Bank, http://mkfoodbank.org.uk/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from https://www.eugdpr.org/:
- The right to be informed – You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we are providing you with the information in this Policy.
- The right of access – Commonly referred to as subject access, you have the right to obtain confirmation that MK Food Bank are processing your Personal Data, a copy of your personal data, and other supplementary information such as the purposes of processing of categories of Personal Data stored.
- The right to rectification – You are entitled to have your information corrected, or completed, if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to restrict processing – You have rights to restrict or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to object – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Whilst you have an absolute right to stop your data being used for direct marketing, other circumstances may not allow the right to object to exist. For example, if you still want to receive services from MK Food Bank your data will need to be processed in a manner that only allows services to be provided.
- The right to erasure – This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
Data security is of great importance to MK Food Bank and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, Personal Data.
- MK Food Bank will take reasonable steps to ensure the reliability of any employees who have access to Personal Data.
- All our systems are password protected and only MK Food Bank staff have access to the personal information stored.
- Where Personal Data is passed to Data Processors to process on behalf of MK Food Bank, we will require that Data Processors put in place an equivalent level of security measures.
This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. ‘Cookies’ are used by MK Food Bank to provide aggregated statistics on visitors to our websites and their browsing behaviour. This enables us to order the site to make customers’ journeys easier, and if necessary make improvements. The data is aggregated and anonymised, which means we cannot identify you as an individual.
MK Food Bank has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
In operating our website, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or make a donation.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
In other situations, we may collect data, including Personal Data, in order to carry out our services. This may be collected via electronic or paper means. Reasons for data collection may include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Details of individuals who wish to find out more about volunteering opportunities
- Details of volunteers, for contact and safeguarding reasons (including next of kin information)
- Details of individuals who wish to make a one-off or regular donation
- Details of individuals who wish to join fundraising events or ongoing efforts
- Details of individuals who wish to join marketing communications to find out more about the work of MK Food Bank
- Details of key individuals at organisations supporting MK Food Bank
- Details of service users as required at the time of using MK Food Bank services
By providing information, including Personal Data, you are giving your consent to MK Food Bank processing and storing the data in line with GDPR guidelines and in line with the purposes you choose when providing such information.
The information that we collect and store relating to you is used to enable us to provide our services. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us.
- To provide information which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information. This may be relating to our services, fundraising / donation opportunities, upcoming events or other. This is provided on a legitimate interest basis.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service changes, that may affect our service.
Due to the nature of the services provided by MK Food Bank, a significant number of individuals reconnect with our organisation periodically when they are interested in providing donations / fundraising / volunteer time or have a new need for our services. It is not uncommon for this to occur years after they have last provided to MK Food Bank or used our services. For this reason, your consent includes explicit consent to retain your personal details for an indefinite period until you confirm that you wish us to delete your records from our database or refrain from further engagement.
We may retain some of your information after you cease to use our services, if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to meet our legal obligations, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will consider factors including:
- our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain time period
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s)
- in case of disputes
- if you have made a request to have your information deleted
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities
Data is reviewed on an ongoing, and regular basis, and updated if it is found to be out of date. If no longer required, it should be deleted and disposed of securely.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, Personal Data will not be disclosed to third parties without your explicit permission, and then we will only share the personal information with that one individual or company. This does not include our affiliates such as marketing service partners, as laid out below, and / or other companies within our group.
MK Food Bank Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of our services. The providers of such services have access to certain Personal Data provided by volunteers, donors, fundraisers and business contacts. They will act only as Data Processors, under the direction of MK Food Bank as Data Controller.
By providing consent when you provide information to MK Food Bank, you are providing permission for the sharing of Personal Data with such third parties, only for the purpose of providing necessary processes for the operation of our offers.
In the unlikely event that our computer systems are compromised and there is a potential loss of confidentiality we will report this breach to you as soon as possible.
In the unlikely event that personal data is exposed or taken from MK Food Bank records without our consent, we will provide reports surrounding that breach within 72 hours of being notified of such an event and take any action necessary to restore security of your personal data.
Changes to Policy
If you have a complaint about the way your data is stored or handled by MK Food Bank, please contact us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact us by writing to us at: MK Food Bank, Into the Community, The Food Bank, PO Box 7525, Milton Keynes, MK11 9EE
If you remain unhappy with the handling of your data, you can make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF