Food Bank Xtra
The MK Food Bank have teamed up with MK Council to launch Food Bank Xtra and meet the challenge of Coronavirus.
The need for food in our community is greater than ever. Here at MK Food Bank, we are anticipating a sharp rise in demand for food in the coming weeks. It is absolutely vital and time sensitive, that if we are to meet this need, we have adequate support to distribute food and the resources to mitigate the crisis.
To ensure that this is possible, we have teamed up with Milton Keynes Council to launch ‘Food Bank Xtra’ – a new, city-wide food service. We are so grateful to Milton Keynes Council who have given an initial support of additional staff and a new, larger distribution centre to ensure it has the right resources to cope with the additional demand expected during the Coronavirus outbreak.
We are also launching an urgent appeal for donations, and asking those in need to contact them through a new Food Bank Helpline. You can access Food Bank Xtra by contacting the Food Bank Helpline on 01908 565852 to discuss your situation in confidence with experienced staff.
- Frank Moran Centre ( MARC ) Melrose, Bletchley, MK3 6PA
- Milton Keynes Christian Centre, Strudwick Drive, Oldbrook, MK6 2TG (Only Open – Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
- King’s Community Centre, Creed St, Wolverton, MK12 5LY
- Daisychain Family Centre – Abbeys Primary School, Melrose Avenue, West Bletchley, MK3 6PS
- The Rowans Family Centre – 13A Moorfoot, Fullers Slade, MK11 2BD
- Moorlands Family Centre – 8 Dodkin, Beanhill, MK6 4LP
- Hedgerows Family Centre – Langland Road, Netherfield, MK6 4NP
- CMK Library – 555 Silbury Boulvard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HL
- Spotlight Centre (Lakes Estate) – Serpentine Court, Bletchley, MK2 3QR
Work is also underway to establish new Collection Centres across the city – making is as simple as possible for people to get access to food. More information about these additional Collection Centres will be available as they roll out.
We can confirm we are still accepting donations at Stacey Bushes, Monday – Friday between 9:30am – 12:00pm.
If you need to arrange a specific time to drop off donations, or would like to donate a large amount of food, please call us on 01908 565852. Please do not bring donations to our Serving Centres.